Below are products that we use, like and would purchase again.
Over the years we have tried many different products, some work better than others. None of these products are sponsored – no manufacturer or retailer has given us any products or any other compensation for these items.
- KONG Squeezz Ball Toy (Medium)
- BUMI Tug Toy by “West Paw”
- Zogoflex Topple Interactive Treat Dispensing Puzzle Play Toy (large) by West Paw:
We put softened kibble (with yummy stuff added) in this toy (sometimes freeze it for more of a challenge). The dogs enjoy digging through this to get some of their dinner.
- Quizl Treat Toy (large) by West Paw:
We put bully sticks in this toy. The dogs love to hold onto and chew their bully sticks that way. It also stops the bully stick from digging into the couch!
- “JUMP TPR Squeaky Stick” from Bosley’s and PetValu
(this is one of the favorites here, durable, interesting for the dogs and it is reasonably priced)
- “Chuck-it Ultraball in size small”
This ball has proven to be virtually indestructible, it’s a nice size for a Welsh mouth and very chewy consistency. It also floats. Overal, it’s inexpensive and a proven favorite with the dogs. Another BONUS is that it doesn’t have the nasty affect on teeth that tennis balls have. The fuzz on tennis balls are proven to wear down the front teeth.
- Bully Sticks
(ordered online – Canadian link)
We highly encourage people to feed their Welsh Terriers high quality foods that are NOT too high in protein levels. Specifically, we use blends here that are less than 30% protein, and most of the foods are less than 25% protein. This is for both puppies and senior dogs. For puppies, we feed high quality adult kibble.
Here are the brands that we are currently feeding, as of Sept 2018:
- Performatrin Ultra(various proteins)
(various proteins – but don’t usually buy grain-free options)
- Royal Canin – Medium
(Red and White bag, not Vet specific food, link is for Canada to show the food)
- De-Shedding Tools (for raking out the undercoat);we used to recommend the Andis Fine Toothed De-Shedding Rake, but that appears to have been discontinued. Hope it comes back one day!
- Nail Clippers
(this one has worked very well for me, but make sure you have some quick-stop on hand just in case you cut the quick)
- Ear Cleaner that we use
(home-made recipe, but used for decades … but note, now use this but without the gentian violet)
Other great items used here:
- Kuranda Beds
- Dog Door
- Dog Life Jacket (shown in the header of this page)
Located in Canada. Size Small works well for our dogs.
- Shag Fur Donut Cuddler (shown in the header of this page)
(we use the 23 x 23 size here)